Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4645) Silent Hunter and Sonar code.

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4645) Silent Hunter and Sonar code.
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 04:29:57 -0700

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:53:13AM -0700, RafaX Bursig wrote:

> Hi All
>
> This code try add SILENT_HUNTER and SONAR unit functionality.
>
> 1) SILENT_HUNTER
> basicaly it is submartine functionaliy and work like Partial_Invis (
> replace it ) with differences that sub is not detected until any unit
> enter on tile with sub. When this happend and unit onwer is in war with
> sub owner then sub automaticaly attack first (if can) if not then unit
> stop.
> In both cases sub is dettected and visilbe untill end of turn.

Sounds like serverside-autoattack ...

The only difference is that you attack only units which moves onto your
field. But why so complicate? I think giving that unit 12 defence and
2-3 attack would have the same effect without changing the code.

> 2) SONAR
> abbility to detect SILENT_HUNTER units (added to Destroyers and Heli)
> all cities have this functionality too.

I like the idea of SONAR anti-SONAR but isn't it possible to do that in
a more general way?

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.