Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#712) Unit list not updated

To: sigra@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#712) Unit list not updated
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:11:28 -0700

[sigra@xxxxxxx - Wed Feb 28 18:01:20 2001]:

> Version: Current CVS
>
> I make sure all my settlers are in cites, open the unit report, mark
> the line
> about settlers, select upgrade and confirm. All settlers are upgraded
> but the
> settlers line is not removed. I know that it should be removed,
> because if I
> close the city report and open it again, the settlers line is not
> there.

A while ago Rafal added an update call to handle_player_info.  This
means updates do get done from time to time, but not necessarily at the
right times.

This patch removes that call and adds calls in the appropriate places:
when a unit is disbanded, upgraded, or created, and when city production
changes.

Note most/all of these updates will be protected by freeze/thaw hints.

Did I miss any cases?  When government changes?

jason