Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4479) pcity->occupied not updated when unit moves into

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4479) pcity->occupied not updated when unit moves into unknown
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:33:35 -0700

[jdorje - Wed Jul  2 17:04:32 2003]:

> Thus if a unit moves out of a city and off into the unknown the city's
> occupied information will not be updated.  I believe the attached patch
> will fix it.  This just moves the unit removal down below the city check.

Use attached savegame.  Log in as jshort and jshort2.  Move the warriors
out of Tartu off to the west.  In the other client the city's occupied
flag won't be updated.

But this error isn't where I thought it was...no unit packet is being
sent to the affected client at all.  So I guess it's an error in the
server.  Perhaps, as has been discussed before, it is correct to not
send a unit packet since the client can't see the unit.  But in that
case we need to send an updated city packet.

You can move the beseiging horsemen away and then back next to the city
and the occupied flag will be updated.

jason