Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] TECH_(UN)KNOWN problems in client diplomat code.

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] TECH_(UN)KNOWN problems in client diplomat code.
From: Bursig Rafal <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:29:05 +0200

Hi All

When I work on my diplomat code I found some problems with tech trade code with player that we haven't emabssy. Till now we can offer or wants only unknow and reachable techs to us or other player but current without emassy we don't know about other player techs situations. When I open meeting with other player, I can offer him all my tech but I know ( I run other client) that most of them he has.

I use such code but it don't work when we have no info about other player techs (without embassy).

if (get_invention(pPlayer0, i) == TECH_KNOWN &&
   (get_invention(pPlayer1, i) == TECH_UNKNOWN ||
    get_invention(pPlayer1, i) == TECH_REACHABLE)) {

Should client block tech exchange ability when we haven't emabssy with other player ?
Or there are other solutions ?

Rafal