Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4387) The Return of the Rand() Moves

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4387) The Return of the Rand() Moves
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 05:57:28 -0700

This behviour should be optional, i.e. one should be able to turn it on or
off depending on how one wants to play the game.

Whether or not the AI deals with rand() moves correctly or just always
assumes a stall, is independent and something the AI team can decide on
their own.

Certainly, flushing moves for real players that try this is *VERY* bad.
The attempt should fail with no side effects for real players when the
option is turned off, just like moving into invalid terrain.

Cheers,
RossW
=====