Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3387) Path finding and ZOC

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3387) Path finding and ZOC
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:10:56 -0700

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 01:40:43PM -0700, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 11:36:44AM -0800, Christian Knoke wrote:

> > > Should it remember and use the (not always reliable) former city locations
> > > on presently fogged tiles?
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood.
>
> I think Pathfinding should make reasonable assumptions about reality to
> yield good results. So, yes, IMHO it should remember former city locations
> and use it, since cities do not vanish that often.

Such a history keeping would be nice in general. For the human player,
code which assists the human player (path finding for example) and
AI. Also related to this was the request for unit statistics (how many
units got killed per player, which enemy units were killed by a given
unit type and so on).

So in general I agree with you however this is directly related to
path-finding. You need some foundation below path-finding.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Many of my assistants were fans of Tolkien, who wrote 'Lord of the Rings'