Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Plans for FUADEC 2 - request feedback

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "T.J.T van Kooten" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Plans for FUADEC 2 - request feedback
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:42:50 +0200

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 03:28:55PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:

[...]

> It doesn't look like people are very excited to go the FUADEC. Lets
> suppose that they are just working hard on the freeciv code.

I've given up all attempts at coding for Freeciv.
I can't even keep up with regular website and pubserver maintenance,
I no longer test Freeciv versions or patches, and I vbery rarely play
these days.

> Yes I would like to come. The travel for me will be relative cheap:
> 1*10 Euro for the flight (London Stansted) and 2*20 Euro for the
> railway to the local airport.

You have to add taxes and other costs to the air fare.  I thought
railways were more expensive.  But the biggest cost booster is
life in London.  The British pound in Britain is worth much less
than the Euro in Europe.  But I'd certainly try to attend.

> It would be nice if there are some "new faces" at the second FUADEC.

And a new t-shirt :)

--
Reinier