Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4225) mingw32 & libiconv problem

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4225) mingw32 & libiconv problem
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:17:04 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Mon, 12 May 2003, Jason Short wrote:

>>Just add a static variable to the appropriate function, I believe in
>>common/shared.c.I didn't do it before since it didn't seem like a big
>>deal (it's not like it gets printed out all 4096 times :-).
>

> Yah, yah. Since this bug is in our product, I took the effort to fix this.
> The attached patch will be committed.

I disagree with the #ifndef WIN32_NATIVE part.  Win32 will have just as
much trouble with character conversion as the rest of us, right?  And
they should be able to get binary versions of iconv anyway, rather than
be forced to compile from source.

For win32 users, this message may be more useful to packagers.  When you
run the compiled product, you'll see the warning and know that you need
to link against iconv.

jason