Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4182) Icons

To: a-l@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4182) Icons
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:54:09 -0700

On Tue, 6 May 2003, a-l@xxxxxxx wrote:
( ... lots of stuff ... )
> Now with veteran numbers, that's not possible. It's easy to code
> rules. The stacking cross clearly needs priority on the map if
> something else goes there too. The other icons could appear in the
> sidebar, and in the stack popup. And maybe it looks crammed if more
> than one icon is visible in the same position.

I agree the stacking cross needs priority. The veteran level info is not
so important in a stack of units, since you want to look at this stack
anyway (when this code is made), and then veteran level info can be shown
for each unit.

So we show the veteran level info in the lower right corner, except when
the stack cross is displayed instead.

  - Per