Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tidying savegames to pave the way for plug mapgens

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tidying savegames to pave the way for plug mapgens
From: iquin@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:50:34 +0800

IMHO, current gen2 river code is a good demonstration of KISS. See also
http://lists.complete.org/freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx/2000/09/msg00114.html
Do you see any defects from the rivers generated? I would like to fix
it if I can. Also, can gen1 river code ensure fairness (i.e. every
island has more or less the same amount of river tiles?

> > just needs to say "have_rivers_overlay", and provide the appropriate
Wouldn't that complicates the metagen-subgen protocol?
How about an intelligent meta-gen which figures out what's wrong with
the current map and fix whatever's missing from previous gens?

Regards,
I.Q.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup