Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4051) take

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4051) take
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:17:29 -0700

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 01:07:37PM -0700, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> 2: Connection request from chris from localhost
> 2: c1 has client version 1.14.1-devel
> 2: chris has connected from localhost.
> > create Arminius
> > take chris Arminius
> chris unconnecting from  noname
> removing noname [0]
> chris now controls Arminius
> > start
> Starting game.
>
> This is quite useless; the player Arminius is lost at game start.
> Also, in the command

what did you want to happen? Arminius really has no attributes except
for the name. No nation, no gender, no citystyle. That doesn't happen till
after nation selection for AI players. If you want the races dialog to take
the name into account, then I suppose we can do that, but it's not at all
high on my list. A good project for someone (maybe you? :)

> > take chris Arminius
>
> readline doesn't work; typing A r m <TAB> does not bring up the player name.

I'll take a look at this, but for now, 'take chris A' or the first unique
prefix will work.

-mike