Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3589) Add nations

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3589) Add nations
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 02:36:22 -0800

[rfalke - Sun Mar  2 21:43:56 2003]:

> I have collected the nations from
> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/nations/ and 3552.
>
> Problem 1: only support for trident. It looks like the file can just
> be copied into the isotrident dir.

No, isotrident uses a different grid size (64x32 instead of 30x30).  You
should be able to just copy-and-paste the flags into this file, though.

Changing this means changing the sprite grid setup, i.e., what esr is
planning.

> Problem 2: no shields support. I have no idea how this was made in the
> past. I'm for an automatic conversion. I won't do it by hand.

Yes, misc/shields.png (and shields.spec) need updating.  I don't know
how this is done...

> Problem 5: the Elves have init_techs="Alphabet", "Map Making", "Seafaring"

Err, what's the significance of this?

> Problem 6: I'm not sure if the change to MAX_NUM_NATIONS is ok. I'm
> too lazy to check now.

It needs a new manditory capability.  You should comment this dependency
while you're at it.  We should fix it eventually (gui-gtk-2.0 is
definitely affected; other places I'm not sure about).

jason