Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] cvsdiff2udiff

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] cvsdiff2udiff
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 04:12:30 -0500

Reinier Post wrote:
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 02:35:48PM -0800, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Stepan Roh wrote:

Your patch is not correct, it has incomplete last header (for
gui_stuff.h). But code itself works great.

Doh. That is what I get for hand-converting from RCS diff to patch format.
:-P

I guess I'll get some script to do this for me in the future.

Try this.  I wrote it to "un-CVS" a cvs diff, but it does a lot more now.
Patches on pubserver are fed through this before they are applied.
A possible way to apply:

  case "`cvsdiff2udiff $patch | p0p1`" in
  -p*) cvsdiff2udiff $patch | patch -f || exit 1;;
    *) exit 3;;
  esac

What is the problem that this is supposed to fix? How does RCS diff differ from patch format? There are a few extra lines (Index: and RCS file: ones, I guess); in what cases are those a problem?

The only problem I've ever had is that I always do "patch -p0", which is sometimes wrong ('diff' will make -p1 patches instead by default).

jason