[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3554) Turn based, Semi-Turn based or other model o

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3554) Turn based, Semi-Turn based or other model of game
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:42:37 -0800

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 10:03:39AM -0800, RafaX Bursig wrote:

> Hi
>
>    I know that this thema was on topic many times but I want say
> something about it. Current move/turn model promote people with faster
> net connection, faster reaction, better client, or simple more
> expirience with such systems.
>
> IMHO this isn't spirit of this game ( or maybe current it is ). This
> game should be free Civilization clon with full turn based moves. I
> understand that this system is inefficient with connection of
> mutiplayer games but we should give peaples abbility to chose which
> systems they want play.

Right speed of connection shouldn't be a factor to win a game.
Same for 2-3 side war.

> I want propose thirt system ( some people ask about it resently ) but
> first of all...
>
> Server should have confgurable option "game system" which should have
> min 2 state ( 3 with my proposal ) :
>
> I. SPM - Single Player Mode
> Normal turn based game with Civ/Civ2/Civ3 style. All player move with
> sequence.
> This mode is ideal to single player but can be played on multiplayer
> (long wait for own turn)
>
> II. RTM - Real Time Mode
> What I can say... Current Mode or more migration to RTS
>
> III GOTOM - Goto Mode
> Players plan moves of own units and sent those "goto routes" to server.
> After end turn or at begin new server calculate those moves and make
> it. Next resend to all players result of those moves.

How do you plan an attack on a city?
You have 4 destroyers, 3 fighter, 2 transports with 2 alpines + 3
howitzers.

How do you explore?

I think that a good version of serverside autoattack will cure most of
the symptoms which make freeciv to much realtime.

Thomas