[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3424) New flush code

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3424) New flush code
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 00:27:46 -0800

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 01:12:43PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
> Jason Short wrote:
> > Raimar Falke wrote:
>
> > It seems reasonable to take this a step further and do it the same way
> > for gui-sdl.  I believe this can be done with SDL_AddTimer, but I'm not
> > familiar enough with the code to write this.  If that were done then all
> > GUIs (except MUI which just has stubs) would be supported, and we could
> > remove all flush_dirty calls from the common code except for the
> > animation ones.
> New patch attached.  This has now been tested under gui-sdl and
> gui-win32 as well.

GTK2 and GTK1 have different implementations. Any reason for this?

GTK1 and win32 have almost the same implementation. Can't this be
unified?

While I didn't search you may tell me which calls to
refresh_tile_mapcanvas(..., TRUE) are remaining?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman