[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3504) /fix endyear

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3504) /fix endyear
From: "Reinier Post" <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:09:39 -0800

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 04:46:39PM -0800, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 04:12:36PM -0800, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > in a game today a player setted endyear short before a turn was over,
> > > maxed his Lux and "won" that game.
> > > Think it should be possible to /fix endyear. Unfix only with
> > > more than the half of the active players.
> >
> > Perhaps.
> >
> > Here's another idea (stolen shamelessly from Mike): We can require that
> > most/all CTRL level commands during game be voted upon, and if any player
> > votes "no", it doesn't happen. If no players votes "no" before X seconds
> > are up, it happens.
>
> That would fix that issue too.
> Hope that this will be done before the next release.

See also

  http://lists.complete.org/freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx/2000/03/msg00090.html.gz

Someone (I don't know who) proposed voting by majority there.

There would be an additional access level for players: they could
vote for settings but not really set them - however if votes agree
(either unanimously or by majority - the second prevents abuse)
a vote would have the effect of a /set.

Is there any setting that must be /settable at cmdlevel, but not /voteable?
If not we can simply change the semantics of the /set command to mean
a vote when issued by a player without hack level privileges.

--
Reinier