[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3007) return(and recover) for ships

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3007) return(and recover) for ships
From: "Per I. Mathisen via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:23:41 -0800

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx via RT wrote:
> this is a part from iuz_warclient. With pressing "r" a ship will return
> to the nearest own harbour.
> The only difference to the orginal is that i'm using the new
> client_goto_map. (Hope that patch is applying)

Once we get the new path-finding code in CVS, we can unify server and
client goto, and then use the (IMHO superior) find_nearest_safe_city()
from aiunit.c here. I'm not saying this patch has to wait for that,
though...

+/**************************************************************************
+This function finds the next own port.
+struct city *find_closest_owned_port(struct unit *punit, struct city *except)

This function doesn't actually look for a Port, only a coastal city. A
Port a little further away is better, surely.

+    freelog(LOG_ERROR,"Zeig 1dich");
+        freelog(LOG_ERROR,"Zeig dich");
+        freelog(LOG_ERROR,"Zeig dich");

You forgot some debug cruft in there...

  - Per