[Freeciv-Dev] rulesets

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] rulesets
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 20:42:15 -0500

Eric S. Raymond wrote:

But this raises a more general question which I haven't seen a clear
answer to.  There are at least three ruleset metrics we seem to be using:

* Play balance
* Historicity
* Fidelity to Civ2

It's clear that we don't treat any of the three as completely trumping the
others.

It seems pretty simple:

In the civ2 ruleset, civ2 accuracy is most important.
In the civ1 ruleset, civ1 accuracy is most important.
In the history ruleset, historical accuracy is most important.
In the default ruleset, play balance is most important.

This is why each ruleset is maintained separately.

jason