Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2374) multi-language client-server patch

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2374) multi-language client-server patch
From: "mateusz stefek via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:45:50 -0800

Dnia 2003.01.23 21:06 Jason Short via RT napisa³(a):

> And some more questions...
>
> [rfalke - Thu Nov 21 17:00:09 2002]:
>
> > +  u - unit type (the argument is Unit_Type_id) which will be
> > +      replaced with its translated name.
> > +  n - the Nation_Type_id, which will be replaced with
> get_nation_name
> > +  N - the Nation_Type_id, which will be replaced with
> > get_nation_name_plural
> > +  I - Impr_Type_id will be replaced with get_improvement_name()
> > +  t - Tech_type_id will be replaced with it's name
> > +  g - government id will be replaced with get_government_name()
>
> Why are these needed?  Why can't you just use ^s with the untranslated
> nation/unit name?  If it's because the name has already been
> translated,
> wouldn't it be easy enough to avoid doing so (or to keep a copy of the
> untranslated string)?

Yes, there are some unnecessary things, but for example
n & N are needed - Translator can use them interchangeable.

int32 is shorter than any name for a unit (+ nul).

I have found some new directives needed for:
-textyear()
-get_units_with_flag_string()
-future_tech_number + tech is sometimes needed

--
mateusz