Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: that freeciv AI moves twice (before I can move once) b

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: that freeciv AI moves twice (before I can move once) bug
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:02:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > | - Even in singleplayer the AI will get a chance to move both before
> > | and after the human player each turn. This will sometimes give the
> > | impression that the AI moves twice.
> >
> > I recommend making this bug a priority.To me, this is the most
> > annoying bug in Freeciv.I even made a screenshot:
> > http://web.em.ca/~tomg/screenshots/the_most_annoying_bug_in_freeciv.png
>
> Well, this has first been reported nearly three years ago:
>
> http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=371
>
> SCNR
>
> But I think the AI developers are on it.

This isn't a bug, and AI isn't cheating. The AI is just moving very fast
on the very last of a turn and on the very beginning of a turn; a human
player could do the same in theory, and perhaps pille does so in
practice... ;)

...in any case, this is rather easy to fix, though the AI will be all the
worse for it.

Do anyone NOT want me to fix it?

  - Per