Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2789) Units sometimes remain displayed in fog of w

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2789) Units sometimes remain displayed in fog of war
From: "kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:02:12 -0800

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 00:26, Guest via RT wrote:

> Sometimes, enemy units remain displayed in the fog of war. This is
> usually after a unit has attacked, or a ship has unloaded during the
> enemy move turn.  For instance, if an enemy ship is in the fog of war,
> but unloads a unit within my view range, the enemy ship remains visible.
>  If I move away from the enemy ship in my turn, it remains displayed in
> the fog of war square.
>
> I'm using CVS from Jan 5, gtk2 client on RH8.  A savegame is available
> at http://kenn-michelle.ca:8080/freeciv/fog.sav.gz (should I attach
> savegames to here?.. they can be big).  Join as kenn.  Note area around
> Ottawa.  End turn.  Note the enemy ship next to Ottawa.  Move destroyer
> away from that area.  Wait a turn.  Move destroyer back to that area.
> The enemy ship is still displayed, and you can even move on top of it,
> although it isn't actually there.
>
> Kenn

I've also found that if an enemy unit belonging to a certain city ends
up being "stuck" in the display in this manner, and I take over the
enemy city, the city window pops up for a split second and I can see the
enemy unit in the supported units section of the city box.  Then I get
this error:
> 0: CMA: Recuay has changed multiple times. This may be an error in
freeciv or
bad luck. Please contact <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>. The CMA will detach
itself from the city now.
civclient: shared.c:657: die: Assertion `0' failed.

A savegame is not available.  When I load it from the turn before, the
problem with the enemy units being displayed in the fog of war gets
fixed.

Kenn