Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2765) Deleting units from worklist is very unintui

To: stepan@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2765) Deleting units from worklist is very unintuitive
From: "Mike Kaufman via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 06:14:58 -0800

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 03:11:02AM -0800, Stepan Roh via RT wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Raimar Falke via RT wrote:
>
> > > Deleting units from worklist is very unintuitive (double-clicking).
> >
> > I don't think so. If you managed to add an item into the worklist by
> > doubleclicking the right column you will also manage to double-click
> > the left column.
>
> Hm, that's true. So that's not intuitive too. And if you doubleclick in
> rigth column new item is added to the left column, but clicking on the
> left column removes item from the left column - that's not the same.

I experimented briefly with drag 'n drop in GTK, and let me tell you, it
is _no_ fun whatsoever. Part of that is due to the fact that there is
almost no documentation about it anywhere. I agree it's needed and will
gladly look at any patch implementing it (though vasc would probably be a
better reviewer).

I agree that the current system sucks. We just need somebody to step up to
bat. If someone's really interested, I'll send them all I have on GTK DnD
(isn't much, but it's something).

-mike