Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2591) Nondenominational calendar patch

To: cameron@xxxxxxxxxx, esr@xxxxxxxxxxx, sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2591) Nondenominational calendar patch
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:24:36 -0800

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 03:37:17AM -0800, Raimar Falke via RT wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 05:29:14PM -0800, esr@xxxxxxxxxxx via RT wrote:
> > Raimar Falke via RT <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > *reading the threads* You need a flag for the Barsoomians (sp?).
> >
> > I'll work on that today.
> >
> > > I have applied the small docu changes. I have applied the extra-leader
> > > patch (_except_ dunedain.ruleset, here you you and Paul have to come
> > > to an agreement). Please resend the class/legend patch without the
> > > EC/BCE. Did I miss anything?
> >
> > Enclosed please find the class-legend patch with BC/AD correction and
> > lines wrapped as you requested and all other nits corrected.
> >
> > This brings you guys fully up to date with my changes except for the
> > Barsoom patch.  My understanding is that Paul was OK with the Barsoom
> > patch provided we get categorization of the nations going.  I've supplied
> > the data for that, and you said you'd supply the dialog code.  So I
> > think we're fulfilling his conditions.
>
> I'm back from holiday and the dialog code it on my todo list.

Attached is a first version of the patch. It contains:
 - ESR's changes to data/nation/* (it is possible that something was
 lost because there were >10 rejects)
 - network and other code
 - gui code for the gtk client

The last point is the one where I have problems. I rearranged the
nation dialog (see attached screenshot). If people agree with the
design I will finish it (populate the non-all tabs and clean the code
up). Also I have a problem with the label showing the legend. For
unknown reasons it won't use the whole width for the label. And I also
verified that the label itself takes the whole width. GTK people?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Python 2.0 beta 1 is now available [...]. There is a long list of new

PNG image