Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2567) get_citizen_pixmap is bad (gtk)

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2567) get_citizen_pixmap is bad (gtk)
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 00:04:15 -0800

[jdorje - Sat Jan  4 07:10:42 2003]:

> [rfalke - Fri Dec 13 18:49:06 2002]:
>
> > get_citizen_pixmap is bad because it assumes that the sprite has no
> > mask. It also doesn't test this assumption.
>
> The attached patch removes the use of get_citizen_pixmap for gui-gtk.

Hmm, the happiness.c part of this patch is not perfect.  If the pixmap
has a mask, the background for it will not be drawn at all.

In other places a GtkPixmap is used.  This is advantageous because the
background can be chosen by GTK to fit the theme if no other is available.

OTOH we may be able to draw the background with the GTK background
color.  Or this may be done for us automatically.  But without any
masked images, this is difficult to test.

IMO the patch is adequate as it is.

jason