[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2674) Freeciv Setup.

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2674) Freeciv Setup.
From: "John Tomlinson via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:19:38 -0800

Ah, Yeah.
       I Aspire to be a freelance 'Web-person' one day... Heheheh.
Right now I'm stuck administering multiple networks for peanuts. Blah.
Ewww. Phhht.
But Unless you count the automated resonse thingy...
(Apparenlty some genius out there has bethought themseves of an
answering machine for your mailbox.. Whatever)
or your note, nope. Not a peep. No biggie. But in case they ask, it's
um. let me check, it's a mere 4.91 mb.
Can you recieve that as an attachment? I'll try it. We'll see. Also, it
Isn't difficult to build these things.
Years ago I bought a copy of Vise. It's never treated me badly. Outside
of a couple ticklish things that I can't really
do IN vise so well, as I lost all the support objects somewhere along
the line, but normally, it isn't anything that
I cannot overcome with a batch, or a small special-purpose program,
etc.... This required none of that. I could
email the script file over too. If someone over there's got a copy of
vise you could just use the script as well.
Up to you guys. You can have whatever ya want. Very nice game. I'd be
honored if you guys used it.
Hell, if you want me to maintain the installer with whatever versions
you guys come out with, I will.
We'd just have to make sure I have access to said files, and info on how
you guys wanted it al to look.
Currently, obviously, since I just knocked this together for a friend,
it's a bit thin on icons, and the
background and other images suck, to say the least ;) If you have any
you want used, send em over.
In short, I'll voulenteer to maintain it, if you guys choose to distro
it. I've done this sort of thing before,
with several crosscompile projects of my own, and I hate shoddy work. If
I'm going to do a given thing,
I never see the point in not doing it correctly.
As far as compatibility goes, this installer I've actually tested under
windows 98 and windows 2000.
Works perfectly under each. I daresay it'll install fine on 95 nt me and
xp as well. I've never had a problem there.
the Game, SHOULD as well, but we all know about how these things can be
on untested architectures...
Hope to hear from you or someone in the meantime.
                                                                  Cheers!

    JT