[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2591) Nondenominational calendar patch

To: cameron@xxxxxxxxxx, esr@xxxxxxxxxxx, sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2591) Nondenominational calendar patch
From: "Paul Zastoupil via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:19:30 -0800

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 05:29:14PM -0800, esr@xxxxxxxxxxx via RT wrote:
> Raimar Falke via RT <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > *reading the threads* You need a flag for the Barsoomians (sp?).
>
> I'll work on that today.
>
> > I have applied the small docu changes. I have applied the extra-leader
> > patch (_except_ dunedain.ruleset, here you you and Paul have to come
> > to an agreement). Please resend the class/legend patch without the
> > EC/BCE. Did I miss anything?
>
> Enclosed please find the class-legend patch with BC/AD correction and
> lines wrapped as you requested and all other nits corrected.
>
> This brings you guys fully up to date with my changes except for the
> Barsoom patch.  My understanding is that Paul was OK with the Barsoom
> patch provided we get categorization of the nations going.  I've supplied
> the data for that, and you said you'd supply the dialog code.  So I
> think we're fulfilling his conditions.

I am fine with a Barsoom nation.  I'm no one special that you have to
please, I just added the Dunedain and Mordor nations, so I tend to pay
attention to those.

> I know what I want the Barsoom flag to look like.  What dimensions should
> it be?  Is there a format guide for flags anywhere?

There is some information here:
http://www.freeciv.org/graphics/howto/index.html
But its partially outdated.  It should, however, be enought to get you
started.  Basically you just need to get the tilesets in your hands and
copy the size and format from them.  Make sure you notice there is a
"shield" type.

--
Paul Zastoupil