[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2566) PATCH: clean up handle_upgrade_unittype_requ

To: Erik.Sigra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2566) PATCH: clean up handle_upgrade_unittype_request
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:19:39 -0800

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 10:58:37AM -0800, Jason Short via RT wrote:

> [guest - Thu Dec 19 09:41:16 2002]:
>
> > OK. Here is a patch with that 'const' qualifier removed.
>
> Upon further review, I don't think it's appropriate to pass the unittype
> directly.  This function should take the packet struct, just like all
> the other handle_xxx functions do.  In general, this is because if the
> packet changes more data will be needed by the function.

I disagree. Especial in the light of the comming direct send/receive
as implmented in the delta patches.

> void handle_upgrade_unittype_request
> (struct player * const pplayer, const Unit_Type_id from_unittype);

This is the signature of this function in delta5:
  void handle_unit_type_upgrade(struct player *pplayer, Unit_Type_id type);

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  +#if defined(__alpha__) && defined(CONFIG_PCI)