[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2589) Prevent friendly city from getting generated

To: esr@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2589) Prevent friendly city from getting generated when a goodie hut is close to one of player's cities
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 03:53:00 -0800

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 03:46:55AM -0800, esr@xxxxxxxxxxx via RT wrote:
> Per I. Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Currently game.rgame.min_dist_bw_cities (a ruleset option) is used to
> > establish the closest distance that a hut can be made to a city. So we
> > won't ever get illegal cities this way. If you don't like playing with
> > city smallpox, you should crank up min_dist_bw_cities by one anyway, and
> > then you get approximately the same behaviour as the above patch.
>
> I wasn't aware of this option.  Is it documented anywhere?

Yes.

> help citymindist
Option: citymindist  -  Minimum distance between cities (move distance)
  When a player founds a new city, it is checked if there is no other city in
  citymindist distance. For example, if citymindist is 3, there have to be at
  least two empty fields between two cities every direction. If it is set to 0
  (default), it is overwritten by the current ruleset when the game starts.
Value: 0, Minimum: 0, Default: 0, Maximum: 5

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/