[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2583) fix for [un]queue_mapview_update

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2583) fix for [un]queue_mapview_update
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:02:47 -0800

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 02:44:57PM -0800, Jason Short via RT wrote:

> The current implementation of [un]queue_mapview_update is semi-broken.
> It is called when we need to do a update_city_descriptions, but when the
> update is unqueued it instead calls update_map_canvas_visible.  This
> forces a full redraw even if the GUI doesn't require it.
>
> The attached patch allows either a city-description update or a
> full-canvas update to be enqueued.  This is not a final solution, but is
> an incremental improvement to the current code.  And it allows the GUI
> to implement a 5x more efficient udpate_city_descriptions function if it
> wants to.

I just see that UPDATE_MAP_CANVAS_VISIBLE isn't used. This was a
surprise for the me. We only use the queue for city descriptions? Do
you plan to extend this? If not can we specialize by renaming
queue_mapview_update to queue_city_descr_update or similar?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  (On the statement print "42 monkeys"+"1 snake"): BTW, both perl and Python