[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2365) gui-gtk: free_sprite doesn't free mask

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2365) gui-gtk: free_sprite doesn't free mask
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:22:34 -0800

[rfalke - Fri Dec  6 22:33:11 2002]:

> IMHO we should solve it in the following way:
>  - make a rule that all pixmaps are freed by us
>  - for the imlib pixmaps we clone them after they are created by
> imlib with our own functions (ctor_sprite_mask) and free the imlib
> one's after this.

This seems fine, but will potentially slow down the loading of graphics
since each sprite, once loaded, must be copied.  And I don't know if
imlib actually does anything useful (faster drawing, etc.) by
associating the pixmap and its mask.  If it does, then it would make
more sense to do it the other way around (make all sprites imlib pixmaps).

jason