[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2516) introducing an enum citizen_type

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2516) introducing an enum citizen_type
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 19:45:05 -0800

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 10:12, Mike Kaufman via RT wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 02:16:39AM -0800, Raimar Falke via RT wrote:
> > >
> > > Good point.  Can we ever see enemy citizens?  If so, a player parameter
> > > is needed, which will be passed city_owner(pdialog->pcity) in most
> > > cases.
> >
> > Yes. Diplomat investigating an enemy city.
>
> what, are we going to make them look mean? If this is the only time and
> only reason, it's silly. Don't bother.

Rafal's patch (PR#2495) provides different citizen sprites based on the
city style.  For this to work, get_citizen_sprite must know the player
or the city that the citizen belongs to.  More generally, this should
work with most/all conceivable differentiations of citizens (including
making "enemy" citizens look mean).

jason