[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2508) increasing settlercost

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2508) increasing settlercost
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 14:32:25 -0800

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 04:20:53PM -0800, Thomas Strub via RT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is a repost of my patch for increasing settlercost.
>
> The idea behind this patch is that every new city should be more
> expensive to build than the cities before. The easiest way to do that is
> to increase slow (or fast) the cost for settlers.
>
> Known problem is the to long list of "Server Options (ongoing)
> The names for variables aren't really nice.
> There is no icon for the "Worker unit"
>
> If you really hate smallpoxing set scostbldset to > 40 before the game.
>
> Compiles with actual cvs.
>
> Think its time that someone is testing my idea.

While this idea may not be realistic it is the natural way to fight
the mechanics (exponential growth). So all how have said that ICS is
bad please test this patch.

So while I like the idea I have some problems with the patch. The
naming is bad IMHO (struct player_city, GAME_DEFAULT_FREE_AU_CITIES
for example). Also I think that build should be built. And the usual
style issues.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it recieves a response