[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Working on the client side AI

To: Guillermo López Alejos <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Working on the client side AI
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 18:16:53 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Guillermo López Alejos wrote:
> I'm interested on the client side AI of the project, and I would like to
> help on it's building.
>
> I need to know the code and the data structure of the game, so, ¿where
> can I find documentation?

You should make a copy of client/gui-stub/ and make the client-side AI in
there.

The data structures are found in common/ by and large, in files named
appropriately.

Documentation is in doc/, see in particular doc/HACKING and README.cma.
Raimar has working goto, settler and exploring agents (IIRC) which you
could ask to have a look at.

Perhaps the most important task that has to be done before a client-side
AI is viable is to implement some kind of system for player attributes (as
a replacement for existing AI handicaps), so that some players can be
given omniscience. That is, unless you want to create non-omniscient AI
players, which is very hard.

  - Per