[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#949) city report fields don't sort well

To: markus.buechele@xxxxxx, flyguy@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#949) city report fields don't sort well
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 15:39:55 -0800

ChrisK@xxxxxxxx via RT wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 03:14:46PM -0800, Jason Short via RT wrote:
>
>>[ChrisK@xxxxxxxx - Sat Nov 16 22:56:27 2002]:
>>

>>>My patch sorts all fields.
>>
>>I don't see what your patch does that mine does not?
>

> My patch (which I think doesn't apply to cvs any more) sorts
> all sub columns of a given column, e.g from F/P/T it sorted
> by Food, then Production as a second criteria, then Trade as
> a third.

Ahh.  Frankly, I don't think this additional behavior is worth all of
the extra code it takes.  If you want to sort by these additional fields
you can add them directly to the city report (F, P, and T individually
instead of F/P/T).  What are the odds that it is exactly that method of
sorting that you want?

I do think that this is the sort of behavior that should be supported in
general: sorting first by one field and then by another.  But it should
be possible for the user to control it, otherwise it is of little use IMO.

jason