Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: YaFF was: 1.14 - client disconnect all the time

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: YaFF was: 1.14 - client disconnect all the time
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:18:28 +0100

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 10:02:51AM +0100, Jacek Pop?awski wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 05:34:17AM +0000, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa
> wrote:
> > If these restrictions were the cause of disconnection the remaining
> > connected players will see messages like this:
> >
> > 1. "cut connection Genghis due to lagging player"
> > 2. "cut connection Genghis due to ping timeout"
>
> We haven't seen this kind of messages. Just "lost connection".

Another idea for Yet another Freeciv Feature comes to mind:

The server could buffer the chat messages for let's say three
turns, when a client disconnects, and send the (otherwise) lost
messages to the client when it reconnects.

So you will miss less when this happens, and also will know the
reason for the disconnect.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/