Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 1.14 - client disconnect all the time

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 1.14 - client disconnect all the time
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 05:34:17 +0000 (WET)

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Jacek [iso-8859-2] Pop³awski wrote:

> We are just playing on civserver.freeciv.org 5551, every few minutes someone
> disconnect, we can back, but this is very annoying. Is it because connection
> problems, or clients are unstable?

The server terminates client connections if they are too slow. To tweak
the amount of allowed slowness see:

1. "help tcptimeout"
2. "help pingtimeout"

If these restrictions were the cause of disconnection the remaining
connected players will see messages like this:

1. "cut connection Genghis due to lagging player"
2. "cut connection Genghis due to ping timeout"

I guess it is better than how it used to be eons ago. The server could
block for half an hour waiting for players on broken connections...

Can someone please add this to the FAQ?

---