Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: request for comments: removing multiple controllers

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: request for comments: removing multiple controllers
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:14:12 +0200

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 02:04:41PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 06:58:04PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > In my never ending quest to simplify and clean up the server, I have now
> > come to multiple controllers. This option has never really worked properly
> > (lacked final polish and cores on CMA), and really complicates a number of
> > things. As opposed to observers, it is never used.
> >
> > I suggest removing it.
> >
> > Opinions?
>
> no. I like it. this is a vector for true team play. think about how much
> better management you can have with several people playing the same nation.

Team play is in my opinion exchanging techs the right time, let the
right teamplayer build the wonders, attack the right oponents from all
sides.

I never used it. But perhaps its useful for tutorial purposes.

> If cma cores, it's cma's fault not this. I was having "loads of fun"
> messing around with multiple controllers using my client-auth patch
> (which made it easily accessible).

If it makes problems and hasn't worked correct in past. Remove it and
bring it back when its working.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem