Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: request for comments: removing multiple controllers

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: request for comments: removing multiple controllers
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:04:41 -0500

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 06:58:04PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> In my never ending quest to simplify and clean up the server, I have now
> come to multiple controllers. This option has never really worked properly
> (lacked final polish and cores on CMA), and really complicates a number of
> things. As opposed to observers, it is never used.
>
> I suggest removing it.
>
> Opinions?

no. I like it. this is a vector for true team play. think about how much
better management you can have with several people playing the same nation.

If cma cores, it's cma's fault not this. I was having "loads of fun"
messing around with multiple controllers using my client-auth patch
(which made it easily accessible).

-mike