Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: diplomat patch (as requested on #freeciv)

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: diplomat patch (as requested on #freeciv)
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:25:30 +0200

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 07:21:58PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> Here is a feature requested on #freeciv recently: When a diplomat meets
> another diplomat in a diplomat contest and eliminates it, the diplomat no
> longer automatically continues to process the diplomat action, but control
> is passed back to the player.
>
> Also prints a log message whenever an enemy dipomat dies, so that the
> disbelievers can see what actually happens when diplomat contests occur.
> (This should dispel some rumours.)
>
> (Note that this patch will break the active ai diplomats patch / massive
> ai patch.)
>
> Please comment on the desirability of this feature.

I like that feature. Perhaps making dipl veteran when succeeding and
reduce the movepoints after the fight is better.

Another way would be working with HP but do that without reducing the
MP.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem