Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: city_incite_cost

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: city_incite_cost
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:37:03 +0100

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 02:13:37PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> The effectiveness of Courthouse should be indicated in buildings.ruleset
> once we have impr gen

This is supported by the current incarnation of impr-gen.

> That was about a different property of Courthouse - whether corruption
> should be capped at gold income before halving (thus guarantee at least
> 50% income) or not (making it theoretically possible to have 100%
> corruption even after building Courthouse).

This sounds to me more like a case for a game.ruleset flag, unless
you're suggesting some kind of "set corruption to income" effect which
can be applied before the ordinary halving effect (but this is starting
to look more like a scripting language).

> I also think that impr gen should make it possible to specify by how much
> Courthouse divides distance from your capital.

It does.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"'In a sense,' he said, 'you're alone here, so if jump you best jump far'"