Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] latest teams patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] latest teams patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:54:50 +0000 (GMT)

Changes:
 - code reorganization (I did not move teams code to plrhand.c, I don't
   think this is much better than nation.c; the latter is small and easy
   to find stuff there, while plrhand.c is already crowded), lots of
   styles issues fixed
 - team names can now contain whitespace, use "" around names if they do
 - you can have as many teams as players
 - AI team members will share their tech
 - AIs don't count team members when deciding whether or not to build the
   Great Library

The sharing point is rather nice. Fighting against a team of AIs is now *a
lot* harder than it used to be, especially with default diplcost (zero),
as they race up in tech much, much faster.

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra