Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Make client aware of eng game status, related to (PR#1

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Make client aware of eng game status, related to (PR#1883)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 06:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Sep 2002, Davide Pagnin wrote:
> This is a work in progress patch.
>
> The original goal of the patch was to fix the bug #1883, also known as
> "DONT GET MAP AT ENDGAME".
>
> The problem is that the client don't handle properly the condition when
> the game has ended, and consider this state as running game.

> The patch introduces 2 new function:
>
> can_client_issue_orders
> can_client_change_view

I like this patch a lot. I did a quick reading through the patch and found
no problems with it (except the use of LOG_NORMAL but I suppose that is
temporary).

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra