Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fatal Error ???

To: Matt Russell <mrussell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fatal Error ???
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:56:03 +0200

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 10:51:46AM -0400, Matt Russell wrote:
> I am a brand new UNIX user and everytime I run civclient I get this message:
>
> ld.so.1: /falcon/pilot/users1/mrussell/.Unix_programs/freeciv/bin/civclient:
> fatal: libXpm.so.4.11: open failed: No such file or directory
>
> I have no idea what to do.  Any suggestions.

Detailed advice is hard to give, we can't guess your platform and
installation method from here.

Your Xpm libnrary is missing.  If you installed Freeciv as a binary
package, it should have listed this dependency.  In that case, you
probably need to install a package named xpm-devel or some such.
If you compiled Freeciv yourself, the library must have been removed
after compiling, otherwise it would never have compiled.

--
Reinier