Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] debian package creating fails for 1.13.0

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] debian package creating fails for 1.13.0
From: Kurt Yoder <kty@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:29:26 -0400

Hello list

I'm trying to build my own debian package out of the freeciv 1.13.0 I
downloaded. I followed the instructions in debian/INSTALL.debian up to the
point where it says to run "fakeroot build.debian":

kyoder@bean:~/download/freeciv/freeciv-1.13.0$ fakeroot build.debian
sh: build.debian: command not found

OK, I figured it doesn't know where it is, since it's in the debian
subdirectory. So I try it with "fakeroot debian/build.debian" (previous
attempts at building this already built everything, that's why the following
is so short):

kyoder@bean:~/download/freeciv/freeciv-1.13.0$ fakeroot debian/build.debian

Now let's build it...

dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_installdocs -pfreeciv
cp: cannot stat `README.AI': No such file or directory
dh_installdocs: command returned error code
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1

So I did "ln -s doc/README.AI ." and ran "fakeroot debian/build.debian"
again. It gets past first error and complains about not being able to find
"HOWTOPLAY". So I symlink to doc/HOWTOPLAY and try again. This time it seems
to work and generates the .debs. Maybe someone needs to update the debian
subdirectory and debian/INSTALL.debian so that it all works correctly?

Thanks