Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: autoconf client selection patchlet

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: autoconf client selection patchlet
From: akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:12:07 +0200

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:38:47 +0000 (GMT)
"Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> > Per I Mathisen writes:
> >  > Just read the patch :) - Per
> > I think it would be a good idea to list only the clients which can be
> > choosen using configure. AFAIK gui-mui can't be choosen from there.
> > Why have you left out gui-stub?
>
> gui-stub cannot be compiled into anything useful. Well, the same goes for
> beos client right now... but you know what I mean, I suppose.
>
> In any case, at this point, you do not yet know which clients can be
> configured, and even if we don't detect client X, it may be that the user
> wants to force an attempt to build it anyway, hence much of the point of
> --enable-client in the first place.
configure does not have client/gui-mui/Makefile in AC_OUTPUT.
so it cannot be selected through configure.
The gui-mui client is build from the makefiles in the amiga directory which are
not created by configure

So why it should be listed anywhere in configure?

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade