Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: autoconf client selection patchlet

To: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: autoconf client selection patchlet
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:38:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> Per I Mathisen writes:
>  > Just read the patch :) - Per
> I think it would be a good idea to list only the clients which can be
> choosen using configure. AFAIK gui-mui can't be choosen from there.
> Why have you left out gui-stub?

gui-stub cannot be compiled into anything useful. Well, the same goes for
beos client right now... but you know what I mean, I suppose.

In any case, at this point, you do not yet know which clients can be
configured, and even if we don't detect client X, it may be that the user
wants to force an attempt to build it anyway, hence much of the point of
--enable-client in the first place.

Yours
Per