Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: modpack in develpment: Mare Infinitus

To: Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: modpack in develpment: Mare Infinitus
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:50:07 +0100

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 09:09:12PM -0400, Miguel Farah wrote:
> 2) There is ONE unit I definitely want to include in the modpack: a
>    fishing factory ("farms" a 3x3 square sea area, extracting the
>    available food, and feeds it to the city it belongs to; this lets a
>    city grow much larger than its 21 squares will support).
>
>    Unless I am severely mistaken, this one unit would require modifying
>    source code, which I am (I must confess) in no condition to do. I'll
>    require help from someone who can do it.

        A point of information: this sounds quite similar to the SMAC
Supply Crawler (although I believe this can only be used for farming
land squares). If this kind of ability is ever coded up, it would be
useful for a SMAC mode too.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."