Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA failed assertion caused by Freight (PR#1684)

To: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA failed assertion caused by Freight (PR#1684)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:13:14 +0200

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 09:02:47PM -0700, kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Kenn Munro
> Version: 1.12.7-devel
> Client: Gtk+
> OS: Red Hat 7.2
> Submission from: (NULL) (216.104.96.132)
>

> When moving a freight into one of my own cities, I get the message:
>
> 1: CMA: Tampere has changed multiple times. This may be an error in freeciv or
> bad luck. Please contact <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>. The CMA will detach itself
> from the city now.
> civclient: cma_core.c:1795: handle_city: Assertion `0' failed.
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> I've uploaded a savegame (kenn12.sav.gz) to incoming.  Join as kenn, then move
> the freight from Zephath to Tampere.
>
> Zephath had produced a number of freights in previous turns, which were used
> for
> trade routes.  Some of those freights had also been assigned to different home
> cities.

This is a nasty one: the freight moves and makes a tile to Oulu
unavailable and later available again. The worker is removed the first
time and isn't put to work the second time. First problem: Oulu isn't
recalulated the second time. Second problem: the client isn't informed
about this. However if the unit arrives at Tampere the server also
recalculates Oulu which now have a worker less (than the current info
of the client) causing reduces trade which causes reduces trade from
trade route which causes a mismatch between server and client.

There is IMHO no easy fix and recalculating the cities at the server
(which will be part of the fix) will make the server slower. So since
it uncommon and not critical I would vote for post-release.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "#!/usr/bin/perl -w