Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: tileset format conversion (was: [RFC] Path finding imp

To: "Reinier Post" <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: tileset format conversion (was: [RFC] Path finding implementation)
From: "G. Dyke" <gordon.dyke@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 18:21:51 +0200

Reiner Post:

> On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 01:34:50PM +0200, G. Dyke wrote:
> > I'm sorry to intrude on freeciv-dev for this, but I'm not on any of the
> > other lists.
> >
> > I saw a mail dating back to april saying that imagemagick would convert
xmp
> > to png and that the author (Cronus) would be putting up png's of the
missing
> > tilesets and modpacks on the polish server. Did he and where are they ?
(It
> > would take me just over an hour to download imagemagick so I'm trying to
> > find another way - yes I do use windows - sorry)
>
> Well, the screenshot thumbnails on www.freeciv.org are created with
> Imagemagick, I could convert all tilesets to all formats there,
> the reason I haven't offerend any help wih this is that there seem
> to be some constraints on color palettes and transparency and that
> kind of thing that I don't understand.  So if anyone else with access
> to www.freeciv.org wants to do it, please go ahead.

PNG accepts transparent and is used for the windows binary.

If I convert some tilesets to PNG, is there anywhere I can send them so they
can be put on freeciv?

> > Greg
>
> PS please set the subject, I almost missed your request.

Note to self : Practice what you preach (Some maillists I'm on, I spend half
my messages complaining about it being useless posting without a meaningful
title) sorry, I was too lazy to type out the address and too absent minded
to change the subject..