[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Next stable release RFC: Setting a release date target

To: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Next stable release RFC: Setting a release date target
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:39:29 +0200 (MEST)

On 27 Jun 2002, Davide Pagnin wrote:
> Perhaps, I'm the only one that is waiting this development cycle's
> ending?

You are not.

> Today I've seen in the changes.txt file in the cvs that the freeze-thaw
> patch by Raimar has been applied by Vasc. Is that patch a bugfix?
> It seems not to me...

The ridiculous update time for the city dialog when it had many cities was
a bug. The enormous performance improvement by the above mentioned patch
more than makes up for some additional delay of the release, IMHO.

> It looks like a performance improvement, a damned good one, a perhaps
> long time needed, but defining it a bugfix seems unappropriate to me.
> I found a bug, PR#1508, that perhaps is related to this

BTW, did the above mentioned patch fix #1508?

> process side? The patch has been playtested, and I believe this, but
> what if there is some little bug lurking in the middle? Isn't this
> possible?

This is entirely plausible. Unfortunately.

Yours,
Per

76.4% of all statistics are made up